Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve....


This would be the reason I'm currently not in Oklahoma. We are however going to be able to celebrate over at Rex's parents house and maybe just maybe Santa will drop a few gifts off for Astoria here at her house even though we were scheduled to be at Nana's. Who would have thought we would see a white Christmas when just yesterday it was 72 degrees here?
I'm thinking there was a lesson in here for me somewhere...I know God likes to throw curve balls so that we rely on him to make it through the trials. I realize I am not the only one who will not be with my family tonight on Christmas Eve like I have been for the past thirty years but sometimes it's hard to remember when it hurts so bad to not be there. Just today I have grown stronger, I may not like it, but today God you have taught be to be grateful for us (Rex, Astoria and I) for we are safe in our cozy warm home today and will be snug as bugs in our bed tonight when so many out there will not have that opportunity. Thank you God for giving your Son for us to live the lives we do today.
Merry Christmas to all!
Andrea

1 comment:

SkinnyMeg said...

awwwww I'm so sorry you guys didn't get there I would be totally bummed too!! Atleast you have a sweet baby to keep ya'll warm. Have a very merry christmas Andrea rex and astoria!!!!