Saturday, April 4, 2009

39 Weeks!


Only 4 days left to go! I won't say it seems like just yesterday I learned I was pregnant but it doesn't seem like it's been 39 weeks. The past three weeks have been really tough. I'm not sleeping very well at night, I'm hot a lot, my limbs are swelling, and even the maternity clothes are starting to get tight. I'm ready to be done!

This past Wednesday I even had the opportunity to spend the day in Labor and Delivery (L&D) at the hospital. My blood pressure jumped up to 140/90 at school. The school nurse made me call the doctor who had me come into the office. The non stress test came back fine (i.e. Astoria wasn't affected) but my pressure didn't drop low enough for their comfort. So off they sent me to L&D. Once there they took blood, urine and watched the monitors. I had trace amounts of protein in my urine but the blood work didn't show signs of preeclampsia (i.e. high blood pressure during pregnancy) so after about 4 hours they cleared us to go home. Rex was pretty disappointed but I was good. None of my family was here yet and I still needed to work a few more days. So I have to say, sorry family in Iowa we didn't have an April Fools Baby!

Last night however was really special here at the Kleckner household. Rex and I had our last official no kid date night. After polling the people at school I decided to go out to dinner and then to a place called Paint Yer Pottery. At first Rex wasn't real excited when we pulled into the pottery shop but once inside his creative juices started flowing. He came up with the design all on his own. I chose the colors and off we went. Our masterpiece (above) will be fired for us this week and should be available come Friday. We will forever treasure it and remember the nice evening we shared together.

No comments: