Sunday, October 12, 2008

How Time Flies!

I just realized it's been almost a month since I've been on here last. Life is so busy these days. Yesterday I officially entered my 2nd trimester. I'm 14 weeks along. This past week on Wednesday I heard Toad's heartbeat on my own with a home doppler machine. The doctor didn't think I'd be able to until about week 20 but who can wait that long to give it a try? So I found it. Still beating at about 158 beats per minute. I called Meredith, my parents, and my grandparents. Poor Rex wasn't home but I left him a voice mail with the message and the heartbeat. It was so reassuring to hear it! Now that I know where to look I've found it a few more times as well. It's a very soothing noise.

I also went shopping for the first time for maternity clothes. So far I've been lucky enough to have clothes from Meredith and Sara but both of them are shorter than me so I needed to find some jeans. Luckily enough I found some and they are pretty cute I think! I also found some cute shirts to go along. All of them still have plenty of room for me to grow into so hopefully I won't have to buy more before it's all over, haha.

This past week also lead to more surprises at school. Turns out there are 5 pregnant teachers this year! I have the earliest due date but everyone else follows along about every three weeks. It's crazy but it should be fun to compare bellies with others.

Meredith is coming down this next weekend for her fall break. I can't wait. It's been a while since anyone has visited me down here. She's going to come on the train on Thursday and then come up to school for a while on Friday. At some point we're going to fit in a trip to the fair. It's the last weekend so she's making it just in time!

All in all things are going very well. I'm not really experiencing any more nausea and today I had enough energy to clean the entire house. I don't just mean clean, I mean clean. I even cleaned off the ceiling fans. It was soooo gross. I don't know how we've lived with it being so dirty, oh wait maybe it's because today is the first day I've felt like I've had any energy :)

Anyway all is well here. We scheduled the 20 week ultrasound on November 21st (which will actually be 21 weeks but the family will be down for Thanksgiving). So we'll all be praying for some open legs on that day!

No comments: