Friday, September 19, 2008

A Little Bit of Fall

It's been beautiful here in Garland this past week, almost fall like. Today I had the privilege as a science teacher to take my students out for them to relish in the sunshine! We recently started a garden at school and the students will be the main ones in charge of maintaining it. They will be in the club called the Ethridge Discovery Garden Engineers. We took the opportunity today to go out and sit in the garden soak up some sunshine, it was wonderful.

Daily life is good. I'm not getting as sick as I used to. Morning sickness has almost replaced my evening sickness episodes. I'm proud to say that there is no throwing up just lots of nausea or an overall feeling of blahness (if that's a word). Thursday is my next appointment and I'm hoping we'll be able to hear a heartbeat on the doppler machine. I'm taking mine as well to see if it will pick up one too. Then we'll be headed to OKC to visit the family for Grandpa's birthday on Friday.

All in all it's been very busy here but busy with things that take up time and not necessarily worth writing about.

I did go to a giant baby sale a couple of weeks ago with friends and found a stroller/carseat combo for about half the price it retails for in stores. It also matches my pack and play that I bought for Olivia when she comes to visit. So our first 'real' piece of baby gear, it was a very exciting purchase!

Tomorrow will be 11 weeks! It's amazing how time flies!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Just wait until ToadNugget gets here. Time really will fly. Can you believe it has been almost 5 months since you were telling me to BREATHE!! Love ya, can't wait to see you!