Monday, August 11, 2008

A Trip to the Beach

On Friday, Rex and I headed down to Crystal Beach for a weekend of relaxation. His parents, sister's family, and brother in law's family all rented a house for the week. With Rex just starting a new job he didn't have any leave so we flew down for the weekend to join them.

We were picked up at the airport by Rex's mom, dad, sister, and nephew. We bought a card the night before that had a lamb on the front with no hair and said on the front something to the effect of If you don't like the look now..... (open the card, the lamb has full hair) and said just wait it'll grow on you and then it plays the Chia Pet song. I wrote on their you'll have to wait nine months to see the full effect. His mom got it right away and had a huge grin on her face. His dad thought something was wrong until he read it himself and then a smile broke out. Paula, his sister, was in shock I think. So now the whole family knows :)

The weekend on the beach was fantastic. I slept for long stretches on a hammock on the porch listening to the ocean and feeling the breeze. I did get in the water once but not for long. That hammock was my friend. Rex currently looks like a lobster. The poor boy even put on sunscreen.

We left out Sunday morning about 10am and arrived home about 6pm. I can honestly say I was awake for maybe 45 minutes during the entire drive home. I don't do well as a passenger, I sleep more than I'm awake on most occasions.

No comments: